Shameless self- (and STP) promotion

1. Did you know that the Society for the Teaching of Psychology maintains Project Syllabus? This is a list of juried syllabi for every psychology class imaginable.

I went through the process of submitting my undergraduate Positive Psychology syllabus. In addition to performing a bit of national service, I also had the chance to improve my syllabi via peer review guided by the Project Syllabus rubric. In particular, I appreciated the suggestion to clearly spell out WHY I use the assessments that I use. I already had included my employer-compulsory linkages between learning outcomes and course assessment, but I added information, in plain English, regarding what I hope my students learn from the different assignments in the course.

Project Syllabus includes hundreds of these juried syllabi. This list includes 12 different statistics classes as well as over 20 research methods classes.

I highly recommend submitting your own syllabi for a great class that you teach, or using this resource to develop a new course or improve upon an existing class.

2. Did you know that STP publishes "This is how I teach" interviews with STP members? Here are mine. They are a good source of inspiration, new ideas, and camaraderie that I value so much. Here is my interview. "

Comments