MCU regression, revisited

I think it is important to emphasize how regression can be used to make future predictions using trends in existing data.

Most psychology books use psychology examples to illustrate this, which makes sense. Still, I think explaining how regression is widely used in business to make financial decisions, and predictions is important.

But that can be boring. But I found one example that uses the Marvel Comic Universe to do this. I already blogged about this, but I'm sharing exactly how I used this in class presently. ASIDE: This data is being regularly updated!

Here is a Google Drive folder with 1) my version of the data (CSV and I turned all the percentages to decimal points for JASP) and 2) my PPT. Which includes photos of the scientists of the MCU.

ALSO: While your students are doing their exercise, totes play the soundtrack from Guardians of the Galaxy. Do it. 




Comments