Online Day ?: Predicting the age of Dennis Quaid's hypothetical fifth wife.

Hi!

Here is an easy-to-use review of regression, with a regression example.

I posted about using this catty tweet to teach regression previously:

Right? Do you see the regression? Every wife has two data points: Year she gets married, and the year she was born...and from that, you can perform a regression to predict when Quaid would actually marry someone who has not been born yet (2052).

Well, I decided to make it into a whole Google Slides presentation for this example, with links to data, to use as a regression review during the quarantine. Admittedly, the example is ridiculous, and the sample is far too small to run a reliable regression. That being said, I think the example is vivid and sticks. I also think it does an excellent job of illustrating how the equation can be used to make predictions.

Additionally, I genuinely find meaning in helping out my fellow statistics instructors in good times, and doubly so during this challenging semester. Feel free to view my presentation here and download your own for modifications. 


Comments

  1. I shared this with my TAs today and we thoroughly enjoyed this example! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment