Chi-square example involving American's beliefs about vampires. Seriously.

 OK.

I'm proud of this one.

I think these are good chi-square examples. And they are about Americans' beliefs about various supernatural beings. Presented with commentary because I couldn't help myself.


1. Supernatural beliefs by age

Already. I fully intended to tease my traditional UGs about their beliefs about vampires. Because I do believe that would probably be a significant chi-square...but...


...IS GEN X OK? This survey asks about ghosts, demons, psychics, vampires, and werewolves. What are the "OTHER" this survey is talking about? Aliens? Dolly Parton? I'm intrigued.

2. Werewolves: The Unity Horse. The Unity Wolf?

Both Trump and Biden supporters are united in their belief that werewolves do NOT exist. 


Anyway. This survey is intriguing. There is a lot of material to work with. Go read it here

PS: Hey! If you like this idea and would love a whole stats textbook from the brain of the person who came up with this idea, sign up for more information about my forthcoming book here: https://seagull.wwnorton.com/l/710463/2023-10-26/2tp3nt


Comments