Not a particularly statsy example, but still delightful.

I mean. This is the most entertaining research methodology I have ever seen.


What did this look like? This is what it looked like. 



So, this is barely a statsy example, but it does include data outcomes: n = 175, with some snakes striking the boot (n = 6) and some coiling (n = 3). While PIs might try to No IRB would let you get away with asking your graduate student to step on snakes. Mostly, this is funny.

I found his research, too. While I think the fake leg is highly amusing, I think it is great that Morris is a passionate advocate for snake education and teaching people to be tolerant of snakes they find in the wild.

Finally, I heard about this research on an NPR story about snake handling classes (taught by Morris) in Arizona. A WHOLE CLASS. 

Comments