Pew Research Center's Methods 101 Video Series

Pew Research Center is an excellent source for data to use in statistics and research methods classes. I have blogged about them before (look under the Label pew-pew!) and I'm excited to share that Pew is starting up a series of videos dedicated to research methods. The new series will be called Methods 101.

The first describes sampling techniques in which weighing is used to adjust imperfect samples as to better mimic the underlying population. I like that this is a short video that focuses on one specific aspect of polling. I hope that they continue this trend of creating very specific videos covering specific topics.



Looking for more videos? Check out Pew's YouTube Channel. Also, I have a video tag for this blog.

3/25/2018

They have posted their second video, this one on proper wording for research questions as to avoid jargon and bias.


Comments