Hyperbole and a Half's "Boyfriend doesn't have Ebola. Probably."

While not a statsy blog, H and a H is HILARIOUS (esp. this blog about dogs and moving. I moved across town and my house broken dog promptly peed all over the house...can't imagine a cross-country move!). However, the entry "Boyfriend doesn't have Ebola. Probably" IS psychometric-y and hilarious. It critiques the FACES pain scale often used in hospitals.

NOTE: I absolutely don't own the images below, they belong to Hyperbole and a Half.

Property of Hyperbole and a Half
The language is NSFW but who gives a fuck about that (see what I did there?). I use this as a discussion board prompt in my online statistics class (which is tailored to professionals seeking their BS in nursing) and those students seem to relate to this posting in terms of their professional life but non-BSN students have been exposed to this scale via trips to the doctor and can discuss its utility, come up with examples when a non-verbal scale is particularly useful, ways to improve the scale, etc..

Comments