Five Lab's Big Five Personality Predictor


five.com's prediction via status update

It might be fun to have students use this app to measure their Big Five and then compare those findings to the youarewhatyoulike.com app (which I previously discussed on this blog), which predicts your scores on the Big Five based on what you "Like" on FB.

youarewhatyoulike.com's prediction via "Likes"



As you can see, my "Likes" indicate that I am calm and relaxed but I am a neurotic status updater (crap...I'm that guy!). By contrasting the two, you could discuss reliability, validity, how such results are affected by social desirability, etc. Furthermore, you could also have your students take the original scale and see how it stacks up to the two FB measures.

Note: If you ask your students to do this, they will have to give these apps access to a bunch of their personal information.

Comments