Seems appropriate. I like football, but I LOVE data. For a better look in case you don't have bionic eyes or a magnifying glass next to your screen, check out CNN for the original graphics. Given the trends within the points spread, it looks like the games are becoming more competitive over time. And the linebackers are getting scarier over time.
Does anyone else teach correlation and regression together at the end of the semester? Here is a treat for you: Updated data on Leonardo DiCaprio, his age, and his romantic partner's age when they started dating. A few years ago, there was a dust-up when a clever Redditor r/TrustLittleBrother realized that DiCaprio had never dated anyone over 25. I blogged about this when it happened. But the old data was from 2022. Inspired by this sleuthing, I created a wee data set, including up-to-date information on his current relationship with Vittoria Ceretti, so your students can suss out the patterns that exist in this data.
